What is Azopt used for? Azopt is used to treat increased
pressure in the eye.
Special Warnings with Azopt: Azopt is a sulfa drug. Athough it
is applied to the eye, it is absorbed by the body. Therefore, it is important to tell your
health care provider if you are allergic to sulfa drugs. If you have a reaction to Azopt,
stop using the medicine and contact your health care provider.
General Precautions with Azopt:
- Your vision may be temporarily blurred after using Azopt.
Do not drive a car or operate heavy machinery until you know how you will react to Azopt.
- If you have serious kidney problems, Azopt may not be right for you.
What are some possible side effects of Azopt? (This is NOT
a complete list of side effects reported with Azopt. Your health care provider can discuss
with you a more complete list of side effects.)
- Blurred vision (see general precautions)
- Bitter, sour, or unusual taste
- Discomfort or eye pain
- Foreign body sensation in the eye
- Reness of the eye
- Dry eye
For more detailed information about Azopt, ask your health care provider.